Something Special: How Are You Mr Tumble? (DVD)
These eight new episodes of the award-winning CBeebies favourite, Something Special, will have children laughing (and learning) thanks to the charming Mr Tumble and his gang of funny friends.
Created for children with learning and communication difficulties, the show uses Makaton sign language and a cast of funny, friendly characters to help kids learn about the world around them. Mixing comedy and adventure, Mr Tumble provides lots of laughter mixed with some gentle life lessons along the way.
From sleepovers in the garden to a trip to the Forest of Dean, Mr Tumble and his friends will delight, entertain and educate all pre-schoolers in this enriching DVD.
Did You Know?
• The show has not only proved to be a hit with children with learning needs; all pre-schoolers have fallen for the series and the show recently celebrated its 100th episode
• Creator and star of the show Justin Fletcher originally saw the Something Special series as a niche programme that would air early in the morning but the head honchos at CBeebies decided to air it as a fixture of their main schedule; a very shrewd decision considering the show's subsequent success
• As any fan will realise when watching Justin's shows (that also include Gigglebiz and Justin's House), the presenter and comedy actor is clearly a huge fan of slapstick, often tipping his hat in press interviews to silver screen heroes such as Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton and Laurel and Hardy
• Justin was made an MBE in 2008 for his TV work and has a host of celebrity fans including Simon Pegg, Michael McIntyre and Gary Barlow. A film version of the show is being planned by Fletcher and he hopes to snare cameo appearances from Peter Kay and Johnny Depp.
What's In The Box?
• A 152 minute running time
• The eight episodes included are:
Shop for School
|Subtitles||English for Hard of Hearing|