Mrs Brown's Boys: Series 1 (DVD)
Join mammy Agnes Brown as she meddles, interferes and plays merry hell with the lives of her six grown-up children!
Starring the hilarious Irish comedian Brendan O'Carroll as the potty-mouthed Irish mammy Agnes Brown, no one is safe from the OAP's acidic tongue and meddlesome ways in this acclaimed series. Whether she's trying to fix her sons' love lives or going head-to-head with their in-laws, this mammy takes no prisoners. Not for the easily offended!
Rude, lewd and crude but with a heart of gold, Mrs Brown's Boys is an outrageous look at a mother who will do anything to 'help' her sons.
Did You Know?
• Mrs Brown's Boys has had a long history; it started life in 1992 on a radio station in Ireland. The comedian Brendan O'Carroll then wrote a series of best-selling books based on the character during the 90s before the first novel was turned into a film starring Angelica Huston in the title role. But it doesn't end there – O'Carroll wrote a series for Irish television based on the novels and toured with plays based on the character. Finally, he was commissioned to write a new TV series featuring the Mrs Brown character (which is what you are reading about here). Oh, and O'Carroll has been commissioned to write a new movie featuring the character too!
• The sitcom received the Best Situation Comedy gong at the 2012 BAFTA Television Awards
• In an interview included on the DVD, O'Carroll reveals that the only reason he took on the role of Mrs Brown was because he couldn't find anyone else who wanted to!
What In The Box?
• Two discs with a running time of 160 minutes
• Deleted and extended scenes
• Interview with Brendan O'Carroll
• Pilot episode
What The Critics Say:
Brilliantly funny Irish comedian Brendan O’Carroll stars as out-spoken Irish mammy Agnes Brown in this brand new comedy series that aired on BBC One.
mrs brown, brendan o'carroll, mrs browns boys, mrs browns boys dvd, mrs browns boys series 1 dvd, mrs browns boys 1 dvd
Your review of 'Mrs Brown's Boys: Series 1 (DVD)' has been sent.