Top Gear Great Adventures 5 (DVD)
Good luck, India! Watch out, Italy! Two of the greatest Top Gear adventures are brought together in one action-packed collection.
Fast cars, controversy and politically incorrectness? It can only mean one thing; Clarkson, May and Hammond are heading out across the globe again, this time on a doomed trade mission to India and to thrash supercars on a death-bating road trip through Italy. With guest appearances from Stig's Italian cousin and some serious supercar metal, it's another unforgettable, fuel-injected Top Gear extravaganza.
Featuring the world's most unusual garden party, hot laps of the notorious Narḍ Ring test track and the succulent sight of, err, James May's coronation chicken, expect thrills, spills (and plenty of food poisoning and offended dignitaries) in this best set of Top Gear adventures yet!
Did You Know?
• The inspiration for Top Gear's trade mission to India was the revelation by Prime Minister David Cameron that Britain does more trade with Ireland than it does with India, a country that boasts a population of 1.2 billion people. As executive producer Andy Wilman stated in a Top Gear blog (with tongue firmly in cheek), the Top Gear team wanted to make Indians think: “No, we shall not buy mayonnaise from Belgium, but Angel Delight and Kendal Mint Cake from the British.”
• The Top Gear India Special was the most watched show on iPlayer over the 2011 festive period with 1.7 million viewers tuning in.
What's In The Box?
• Two discs with a running time of 170 minutes
• Audio commentary on the India Special courtesy of James May and the Top Gear crew
• Unseen footage of the Stig's laps round the Imola race track
• Unseen footage of the Top Gear trio's laps round the Narḍ Ring test track
• Deleted scenes and outtakes.
|Region (DVD)||2 & 4|
|Subtitles||English for Hard of Hearing|
|Duration||170 mins approx|