Join explorer Paul Rose and his team as they plunge into the depths of Earth's most mysterious natural wonders in this captivating documentary series.
From beneath the ice-sheets of the treacherous Arctic and inside the 'black holes' of the Caribbean through to the little-known great white sharks of the Mediterranean, Rose and his colleagues take us on a voyage of discovery beneath the waves to reveal never-seen-before vistas. With marine biologist Tooni Mahto, maritime archaeologist Dr Lucy Blue and environmentalist Philippe Cousteau also on hand to offer insights and authoritative opinion, this astonishing series reveals eye-opening secrets and offers answers to many of the mysteries that envelop the aquatic world.
Incredible underwater photography, exhaustive research and a fiercely dedicated production team have been brought together to create this mesmerising eight-part guide to our beautiful, baffling and sometimes brutal oceans.
Did You Know?
• For the series, the four presenters amassed 8,000 hours of diving between them, visited over 50 locations across 15 regions, used over 40 boats and performed 188 dives over the course of the year-long production
• The team shot 3,825 minutes of underwater film and used 445 hours of film to bring this acclaimed series to our screens
• Co-presenter, Philippe Cousteau, is the grandson of the famous Jacques-Yves Cousteau. A love of the ocean obviously runs deep in the family; Philippe made his first dive when he was only eight years old!
What's In The Box?
• Three discs with a running time of 480 minutes
• The eight episodes included are:
The Sea of Cortez
The Southern Ocean
The Red Sea
The Indian Ocean
The Indian Ocean Coastal Waters
The Mediterranean Sea
The Arctic Ocean
What The Critics Say.
“A fast-moving and photographic triumph”
“Stunningly photographed and informative”
“Once you've seen [the team] attempt to catch a sperm whale's breath using a remote-controlled helicopter, you'll be hooked”
What lies below the frozen Arctic ice-sheets? Or in the black holes under the Caribbean Sea
oceans, sea, animals, earth, water, climate, Caribbean Sea, bbc natural history, Southern Ocean, Atlantic, Indian Ocean,Red Sea, Sea of Cortez, Arctic Ocean, Mediterranean, bbc oceans, bbc oceans dvd,
Your review of 'Oceans (DVD)' has been sent.