Doctor Who: The Greatest Show In The Galaxy (DVD)
Journey to the extraordinary Psychic Circus on the planet of Segonax with the Doctor and Ace!
Starring Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, enjoy this classic serial where the Time Lord and his companion Ace encounter the creepy Chief Clown and his lethal robot clowns performing for a solitary family sitting in the audience. What is the terrifying secret behind this bizarre circus? And can Ace overcome her fear of clowns to save the day?
With a surreal setting, an imaginative storyline and some star performances, The Greatest Show In The Galaxy is vintage and inventive Doctor Who at its best.
Did You Know?
• The serial nearly didn't happen after an asbestos scare at BBC studios stopped production. With some inventive thinking though, the Psychic Circus tent itself was relocated and built in the car park of BBC Elstree Centre so filming could continue.
• The four-part Greatest Show In The Galaxy aired on the 14th, 21st and 28th December, 1988 and the 4th January, 1989.
What's In The Box?
• The four-part Greatest Show In The Galaxy serial with an approximate running time of 97 minutes
• Commentary from actors Sophie Aldred (Ace), Jessica Martin (Mags) and Christopher Guard (Bellboy) plus the writer Stephen Wyatt, script editor Andrew Cartmel and composer Mark Ayres
• Deleted and extended scenes
• A look at the press coverage that the Seventh Doctor Who was receiving at the time
• Making-of video
• Model effects unused in the serial
• A music video set to a song written by Christopher Guard and featuring vocals by Guard, Jessica Martin and TP McKenna
• Victoria Wood's Doctor Who comedy sketch and more.